I know how exciting it is to suddenly break free from humans and bolt for the open country. No leash! No collar! No pulling you along when you just want to sniff! You can go where you please. What fun! Still, I understand that it’s very upsetting for your human when you make the break. They worry about your safety and well-being. (They even do that for cats! Go figure.) Tell your human about the Betton Hills Facebook page that helps gets pets back pronto: a pictorial pet registry! Yep. Kristin Bigham of Betton Hills came up with the idea and got it going. Here’s how it works:
- From the Betton Hills Facebook page, click on “Photos” in the tabs just below the page title.
- From the photos page, click on “Albums” in the tabs across the top of the page.
- On the Albums page, click on the “Pets of Betton Hills” album.
- You’ll see plenty of pictures of dogs and cats. Click on “Add Photos” in the top right corner to upload your pet’s amazing photo.
- Add some explanatory text as you wish:pet’s name, street, special care issues, etc.
That’s it. It’s so simple even my owner could do it.
Hey neighbors, if you find a wandering or exploring pet, check the Pets of Betton Hills album to see if it’s pictured there. You then know who the owners are to contact them.