JOIN US! Our annual neighborhood fall gathering will be from 2 – 4 PM at the Winthrop Park pavilion.
We have a great afternoon planned with several activities and presentations:
- 2:30pm - BHNA President Mike Brezin will make a few announcements and remarks.
- 3:00pm - Turtle Bob is back! Come learn about and touch/hold some common local snakes and tortoises.
- 3:30pm - The Great Bicycle Shop will present new bikes and demos on bicycle maintenance and safety for two-wheel enthusiasts in the neighborhood.
Also, the Leon High School Streel Drum Band will provide music throughout the event.
The BHNA will provide pizza (from Red Elephant), beverages, and other snacks for all.
Activities and Exhibits (2:00 -- 4:00)
- The City of Tallahassee and BHNA will lead a variety of crafts and games (sack races, bean toss, hoola hoops(!) and more for youngsters.
- TalGov Utilities will have an informational exhibit, answer questions, and have sign-up forms for our city's new solar farm
- Vanessa Crisler will have an informational exhibit on identifying invasive plants and preventing their spread in your yard and Betton Hills
- Mario Taylor and Margie McInnes will describe the PREP program for making Betton Hills more prepared for hurricanes and other natural disasters and emergencies
- Casey McLaughlin and Michael Bannister will entice you with various volunteer opportunities with BHNA.
We will be giving out door prizes every half-hour.