The meeting was called to order at 7:00PM.
In attendance were Board Members Mike Brezin, Michael Bannister, Mary Kay Falconer, Mario Taylor, Donna Legare, Liz Anderson, Melissa Jacoby, Tom Schulte, Casey McLaughlin, Margie McInnes and Ann Riley.
Membership Report: There was no Membership Report this month. Liz just received a lot of envelopes from our PO Box and will process them for next month’s report.
Treasurer’s Report: Tom Schulte submitted the October Treasurer’s Report as follows:
Date Payee Description Amount Balance 9/17/18 M. McInnes Name tags ($ 23.54) $17,148.66 9/21/18 AC Stripe May deposits + 28.53 17,177.19 9/21/18 AC Stripe June deposits +115.62 17,292.81 9/21/18 AC Stripe July deposits + 47.65 17,340.46 9/21/18 AC Stripe August deposits + 33.38 17,373.84 9/21/18 Deposit Membership Dues +675.00 18,048.84 10/2/18 US Postal Svc PO Box fee ( 82.00) 17,966.84 10/4/18 Target Copy Newsletter ( 959.12) 17,007.72 10/15/18 Larry Deeb Block Party ( 50.00) 16,957.72
The report was passed unanimously.
Newsletter: The newsletter looked good and went out on time. Thanks to everyone for their articles and timeliness!
FallFest 2018: Margie reviewed the plans for our event, and reminded everyone that our fall event will be Sunday, Oct. 28, 4-6:30. Please arrive at 3PM for set up.
- Leon Steel Band will provide the music.
- Mario has reserved the pavilion through the City and several Food Trucks. Michael Bannister will rent the tables and chairs (In Tent Events).
- Mike Brezin will handle advertising through our FaceBook page, website and email blast.
- Tom Schulte will supervise the kids’ games.
- His wife, Wendy, will supervise kids’ crafts.
- His daughter, Layne, will supervise face painting.
- A new neighbor is lending their family’s Bounce House for small children and Michael
- Bannister will supervise that.
- Dustin Carruthers has volunteered to help with games & bounce house.
- Margie will do the shopping for food, drinks, craft supplies, paper/plastic goods and balloons.
- Tom and Mary Ann Vickers will host the welcome table for the first hour; Andy Grayson will host after that.
- Liz Anderson will handle the Membership table.
- Mary Kay will organize an information table about bicycling.
- A City representative will have a table about recycling.
- Theresa Chase will take care of the PREP table.
- Leah Steele will bring her bees and provide information about beekeeping and honey.Lori Grayson will have a table about a Hurricane Michael Relief effort she is organizing, which includes book donations for children in badly affected areas.
- Representatives from Betton Ladies’ Night and Ladies’ Bunco Night will share a table and share information about those activities.
Arbor Day 2019: Donna is planning our neighborhood Arbor Day for Saturday, February 2. The City will be doing their event on 3rd Saturday of January.
Recycling: Mary Kay and Ann Riley are planning to prepare a series of recycling information pieces, focusing on education. Ann will bring details in a proposal to our next Board meeting.
The meeting was adjourned.View/Download Minutes
We met at Ashford Club Apartments Meeting Room ().